Monday, September 12, 2011

Sketching in Bellevegas

I've been staying in Belleville to concentrate on a children's book I'm illustrating. The change of scenery has had a marked difference on the artwork I'm producing. Because the computer here has a tiny screen forcing one to squint, markers have become more appealing.


The hiring process of self deluded Portuguese gangsters.


Living in sin isn't so tasty when it's my turn to cook.


These are not my characters. I've been on a comic binge lately. I found Fall Out Toy works to be particularly inspiring. It's a robot comic based on Fall Out Boy's music. I don't see how it relates, and was surprised to learn this.
The markers blended very nicely in this. The fluidity of moving from one copy to another was a lot of fun.



So here I took the Fall Out robot and posed her with one of her companion bots. There had been talk of visiting the humane society that day.


Making the most of the nude man roaming the apartment by squeezing in some life drawing. I was giving a back rub when I paused to sketch the foreshortened torso.

No comments: